Haven’t posted any songs in a while, so here’s a little roundup of a few that I’ve had on constant stream lately.
1. What Becomes of the Broken Hearted – Jimmy Ruffin
I’m pretty sure I’ve posted this one before, back when I was living in San Francisco. Anyway, it’s a gem and it’s back in my head. Perfect subway listenin.
2. Little T&A – Rolling Stones
I know, I know. More Rolling Stones. Well, I’m ashamed to say I hadn’t heard this one before, but encountered it in Argo. New favorite for sure.
3.&4. After you’ve gone & In a Sentimental Mood – Django Reinhardt
Today, seems that the name Django is errywhere (thanks QT). Anyway, my beautiful pup was named after THIS Django, and these tracks makes trudging around in the wintry mix slightly better…
5. Sweet Jane (live) – Velvet Underground
I especially love the random part in the middle where it almost turns into a different song…”heavenly wine and roses…”
6. Madonna—Like a Prayer
7. Can’t See The Stars –He’s My Brother She’s My Sister
A lot of these tunes are a bit more mellow (read: seasonal depression?) but this one just kind of kicks you in the head. Which is awesome.
8. & 9. Sleepwalking & Walking on a Wire– The Casket Girls
Ignore the maudlin name, this band is great.
10. Our Day Will Come—Amy Winehouse. Hadn’t heard this one and then encountered it seemingly out of nowhere. Then I heard it at Duty Free at Zurich Airport which baffled and infuriated me. For no real reason.